Golden State is a family-owned lumber company that has been in business for over 60 years. It is a company that recognizes that people are its most valuable resource and is looking for someone who will fit into the culture and strive to achieve the company’s goals.
Our Brisbane location is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time Yard Manager position. This is a very high energy, fast-paced environment.
Manage all productivity in the yard by delegating tasks to the appropriate employee including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that loads are built and ready for delivery.
- Overseeing the loading and storage of incoming merchandise and ensuring that merchandise received matches orders.
- Schedule and dispatch customer deliveries to job sites when Dispatcher is unavailable.
- Ensures all yard employees are providing customer service for retail, contractor and professional builder customers.
- Overseeing the stocking of materials so they are accessible to our customers for purchase.
- Maintaining a clean and organized yard environment at all times and organizes yard layout according to merchandise needs.
- Ensures compliance with safety and security policies and procedures
- Processes and approves returns in a timely manner.
- Works with the appropriate vendor to ensure that our mechanical equipment, trucks and forklifts are properly and timely maintained and repaired.
- Helps maintain accurate inventory counts and prevents material shrinkage.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure
- Ability to asses and react to changing situations rapidly.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of building materials products and lumber is desired
- Previous supervisory experience in a lumber yard is desired but not required. However at least 2 years of direct supervisory experience of a minimum of 10 employees. is required.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Environment and Physical Working Conditions:
- Work near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Exposed to dust and airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
License or Certification:
- Must have valid California driver’s license.
Golden State collects information covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act. Details located at https://www.goldenstatelumber.com/privacy-notice-for-california-residents/