Golden State is a family-owned lumber company that has been in business for over 60 years. It is a company that recognizes that people are its most valuable resource and is looking for someone who will fit into the culture and strive to achieve the company’s goals.
Our Stockton location is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time saw operator position. We are looking for a candidate, who is friendly, possesses a positive personality and who enjoys working in a team atmosphere. This is a very high energy, fast-paced environment.
· Cut lumber to specified measurements.
· Operate saw for thickness of board to be cut.
· Turns handwheels or manipulates levers to adjust distance between feed rolls and set saw for thickness of board to be cut.
· Depresses levers to control speed of saw and feed rolls.
· Observes automatic feeding of lumber to saw or pushes end of lumber into feed rolls.
· Handle material in an organized manner.
· Locate material to be produced and move materials to the cutting area.
· Operates saws to cut planks, timbers, or boards into boards of lesser thickness according to work orders: Observes lumber on conveyor as lumber approaches saw to determine cut to be made.
· May replace dull saw blades, using handtools.
· May be designated according to type of saw used as Band-Resaw Operator; Circular-Resaw Operator; Multiple-Resaw Operator; Horizontal-Resaw Operator.
· Must have prior experience with saws.
· Ability to read a tape measure.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Prior warehouse/lumber yard experience preferred.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds
· Ability to stand continuously on asphalt/concrete.
· Safety shoes required
Golden State collects information covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act. Details located at https://www.goldenstatelumber.com/privacy-notice-for-california-residents/