Golden State is a family-owned lumber company that has been in business for over 60 years. It is a company that recognizes that people are its most valuable resource and is looking for someone who will fit into the culture and strive to achieve the company’s goals.
Our San Rafael location is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time sales position. We are looking for a candidate, who is friendly, possesses a positive personality and who enjoys working in a team atmosphere. This is a very high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Spend time in the field visiting jobsites and meeting with customers.
- Ability to find new customers and sales opportunities while maintaining current customer relationships.
- Promote Golden State’s presence throughout your assigned territory.
- Proven sales planning and closing skills.
- Provide a high level of customer service while managing day-to-day relationships with current and future customers.
- Meet on agreed targets and goals by obtaining profitable results.
- Follows up on customer quotes, inquiries and resolving concerns, should they arise.
- Responds to customer questions and offers product advice.
- Conducts business professionally with a high degree of customer service.
- Determines customers’ needs and recommends appropriate products and solutions.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience in roofing supply sales/customer service environment is required.
- Self- starter, friendly and outgoing personality with a positive attitude, and team player.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced team-driven environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and react to issues that arise in real time.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
Golden State collects information covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act. Details located at https://www.goldenstatelumber.com/privacy-notice-for-california-residents/