Established premier building supply company is seeking a Full Time SALES person at our Newark location. We are looking for a candidate who is friendly, possesses a positive personality and enjoys working in a team atmosphere.
- This position will spend time in the field visiting job sites and meeting with customers
- Knowledge of lumber and building materials
- Ability to find new customers and sales opportunities while maintaining current customer relationships
- Promote Golden State Lumber’s presence throughout your assigned territory
- Proven sales planning and closing skills
- Provide a high level of customer service while managing day-to-day relationships with current and future customers
- Meet on agreed targets and goals by obtaining profitable results
- Follows up on customer quotes, inquiries and resolving concerns, should they arise
- Responds to customer questions and offers product advice
- Conducts business professionally with a high degree of customer service
- Determines customers’ needs and recommends appropriate products and solutions
- Must possess valid drivers license
- Previous experience in Lumber/Building Materials sales/customer service environment is required
- Self- starter, friendly and outgoing personality with a positive attitude, and team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Comfortable in a fast-paced team-driven environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to read and react to issues that arise in real time
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
We have a great company culture and value our employees and customers above all else.
Compensation commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package.
Please send resume via email, fax to 510-494-4922 or stop in to fill out an application: Golden State Lumber, 38801 Cherry St, Newark, CA 94560.
No phone calls please.