Golden State Lumber is a family-owned company that has been in business for over 60 years. Our Concord location is now hiring for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist.
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Handles office tasks, such as filing, organizing front displays, and reordering office supplies.
- Screens phone calls and routes callers to the appropriate party.
- Maintains a polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipates the needs of others in order to ensure a seamless and positive experience.
- Writes and distributes emails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Greets & assists clients, helping them find their way around the office if needed.
- Assists with shipping of product samples and pamphlets to vendors and clients.
- Supports various departments with payment processing.
- Sorts and distributes mail throughout the office.
- 2 years Administrative experience preferred
- High level of integrity, initiative and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skill
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written, oral and electronically)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a proponent for change
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking ability
Must be able to work independently and with a team