Golden State Lumber is seeking a full-time Receiving Lead to join the team at their Richmond location. We are a leading building supply company in the Bay Area. Our Richmond facility focuses on manufacturing and distribution of custom doors and windows. This is a high energy, fast paced environment.
We have a great company culture, amazing customers, and we have been voted one of the ”Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area 5 years in a row, ranking in the top 10 the last 4 years in a row by the San Francisco Business Times.
in the top 10 the last 4 years in a row by the San Francisco Business Times.
Essential Duties of these Positions:
- Oversee receiving and other warehouse processes to make sure work meets quality standards.
- Provide training of current and new employees in all appropriate procedures and processes required to complete work assignments.
- Provide daily work assignments to staff and work with other supervisors to coordinate personnel and resources as necessary to complete all work scheduled for department.
- Assist with development, revision and enforcement of inventory management and procedures including record keeping, work instructions and other standard operational work practices as necessary.
- Operate forklift and pallet jacks to safely move parts to proper locations and load and unload trucks as necessary.
- Verify counts and product quality, process paperwork and complete all necessary transactions according to established procedures.
- Inspect freight upon arrival, document any signs of damage, and resolve freight claims in a timely manner.
- Assist with developing actions to correct inventory problems.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must have forklift and pallet jack experience.
- At least three years of warehouse experience and one year in a lead role.
- Must have a friendly and positive attitude and work well in team environment
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled facility
- Computer literacy prefered
Golden State Lumber collects information covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act. Details located at https://www.goldenstatelumber.com/privacy-notice-for-california-residents/