Golden State is a family-owned lumber company that has been in business for over 60 years. We have a great company culture, amazing customers, and we have been voted one of the ”Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area 5 years in a row, ranking in the top 10 the last 4 years in a row by the San Francisco Business Times.
This is a high energy, fast paced environment. We are looking for a Payroll Assistant based in our Petaluma corporate office, who is friendly, possesses a positive personality and who enjoys working in a team atmosphere.
*Please note that this position is full-time, on-site in Petaluma, CA.
- Responsible for processing payroll on a bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly schedule using ADP Workforce Now.
- Maintains corporate payroll information, including timecard edits.
- Reviews computed earnings, audits and corrects errors to ensure accuracy.
- Downloads, compiles and reconciles data for payroll reporting in Excel.
- Creates and manages complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Prepares data for importing into ADP.
- Responds to inquiries and provides timely, accurate customer service to our HR Reps and employees.
- Researches and resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Conducts appropriate internal audits to ensure data integrity.
- Processes garnishment, verification of employment, Worker’s Comp wage statements and EDD requests.
- Reviews and reconciles ADP invoices.
- Prepares annual payroll processing schedules to ensure payments are made per company guidelines.
- Prepares annual holiday schedules and enters into ADP time and attendance.
- Acts in a confidential capacity handling external and internal inquiries.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Previous payroll processing experience required – experience in ADP WFN a Plus.
- Knowledge of payroll practices and principles encouraged.
- High school education.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel. A test will be administered to determine proficiency level.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written, oral and electronically).
- Must work well in a multitasking environment.
- Work requires continual attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility.