Golden State is a family-owned lumber company that has been in business for over 60 years. It is a company that recognizes that people are its most valuable resource and is looking for someone who will fit into the culture and strive to achieve the company’s goals.
The Operations Support Admin will provide clerical and administrative support to our Richmond location’s departmental managers and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data, assisting customers and a variety of operational office tasks.
The following is a brief summary of some, but not all responsibilities for this role, and are subject to change.
- Assists with refunding customer payments
- Assists with processing account write offs in ERP system
- Creates and maintains monthly credit card reports
- Processes Account Payable invoices for management’s approval
- Prepares unpaid order reports for sales team
- Reviews open service orders and works with the service team to close in ERP system
- Creates, maintains and reviews inventory exception reports and work with management to resolve
- Prepares miscellaneous reports for the Finance team as requested
- Assists with miscellaneous projects for management team as requested
- Coordinates on-site visits with the office/maintenance vendors and management
- Greets all office visitors, vendors, and customers and assists with service needs
- Maintains office calendar in Outlook and meeting availability
- Answer office phone calls to assist customers and vendors with service needs
- Pick up, distribute and send out office mail
- Assists with cleaning and disinfecting all shared surfaces in office
- Monitor, order and maintain inventory of all office supplies such as: office materials, cleaning materials, and kitchen supplies
- Post office announcements and events on office bulletin board
- Coordinate the ordering and scheduling of team lunches
- Communicates with other supervisors and managers about operations and/or dispatch issues.
- 1-2 years prior administrative assistant or operational admin experience
- Experience working for a building materials or construction company a plus
- Excel experience is a plus
- High level of professionalism and relationship building skills
- High level of customer centricity
- High level of time management, initiative, accountability, and prioritization skills
- Ability to be organized, flexible, problem solve, and be solution oriented under pressure
- Ability to adapt to ever changing work environment
- Alignment with company mission, vision, and values
Golden State collects information covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act. Details located at https://www.goldenstatelumber.com/privacy-notice-for-california-residents/