Our Stockton location is accepting applications for full-time Load Checker. This person will ensure deliveries have correct materials, quantities and quality. As a result, improving our customer experience.
- Ensure shipment packages agree to the customer order for wood type, dimension, quantity and quality.
- Check customer orders for accuracy and quality before shipment.
- Develop and implement standardized Load Check procedures
- If needed, work with load builders to correct the package errors, also ensuring the inventory system is updated, if needed
- Use forklift to move packages, if necessary
- Be able to write legibly, so necessary parties are able to read what needs to be changed
- Extensive lumber experience with knowledge of wood species, dimensions, units of measure.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have two years forklift experience.
- Forklift certification
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong communication skills – verbal & written
- Read and understand orders
- Be able to stand/walk 2 hours straight and 8 hours per day
Compensation commensurate with experience. The Company offers a generous benefits package including Paid Time Off, medical benefits, and a discretionary matched 401(k) plan.