Golden State is a family-owned lumber company that has been in business for over 60 years. It is a company that recognizes that people are its most valuable resource and is looking for someone who will fit into the culture and strive to achieve the company’s goals.
Our Brisbane location is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time front counter sales position. We are looking for a candidate, who is friendly, possesses a positive personality and who enjoys working in a team atmosphere. This is a very high energy, fast-paced environment.
· Work with customers or their representatives in planning and product selection
· Uses strong consultative sales skills and interpersonal skills (both oral and written)
· Attention to detail, strong follow-up skills and motivation to persuade the customer to purchase materials from Golden State Lumber
· Code and input customer orders, price product and input additional data into the point-of-sale computer system, ensuring the accuracy of invoices, purchase orders, and sales tickets
· Listens to and resolves customer service complaints or requests when appropriate
· Requests assistance from Manager in resolving customer complaints when necessary
· Work with Outside Sales Rep(s) to ensure customer satisfaction, including, but not limited to, responding to questions or inquiries pertaining to orders and/or product inquiries and pricing
· Perform other assigned job duties and responsibilities in the store / showroom as requested by Manager
· Able to deliver superior customer service
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred
· Possess a professional, knowledgeable, positive and energetic attitude
· Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), and negotiating skills
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Professional demeanor
· Demonstrate an understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
· Able to multi-task
· Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
This is a high energy, fast-paced environment. The qualified individual for this position must be confident, organized and pro-active. Clear thinking and communication will be a key component to success in this job. We have a great company culture and value our employees and customers above all else.
Golden State collects information covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act. Details located at https://www.goldenstatelumber.com/privacy-notice-for-california-residents/