Golden State is a family-owned lumber company that has been in business for over 60 years. We have a great company culture, amazing customers, and we have been voted one of the ”Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area 5 years in a row, ranking in the top 10 the last 4 years in a row by the San Francisco Business Times.
Our Berkeley office is looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Handling office tasks, such as filing and setting up meetings.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assisting clients in finding their way around the office.
- Announcing clients as necessary.
- Sorting and distributing mail.
- 1-2 years Administrative experience preferred
- High level of integrity, initiative and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skill
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written, oral and electronically)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a proponent for change
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking ability
- Must be able to work independently and with a team