Golden State is a family-owned company that has been in business for over 60 years. It is a company that recognizes that people are its most valuable resource. We are looking for a Full Time Accounting Specialist in our Petaluma location who will fit into our culture and strive to achieve the company’s goals. This position will perform both accounts payable and receivable tasks depending on need. There is opportunity for growth for those who perform at a high level. Golden State Lumber has been voted among the Best Places to Work in the San Francisco Times multiple years.
· Vendor invoice processing (match invoices to purchase orders, scan into system, review and reconcile vendor statements, and verify payment terms.)
· Monthly review of aging reports
· Communicate with vendors and buyers to resolve discrepancies
· Complete credit applications and forward to management for approval
· Ensure deadlines are met
· Meet all reporting requirements
· Open new job accounts
· Conduct prelien research
· Prepare CA preliminary notices for all parties on job
· Prepare lien releases and mechanic’s liens
· Post and apply customer payments
· Answer incoming customer and property owner calls
· Print, sort, fold and apply postage to daily customer invoices and monthly statements
· Process credit applications for new customers
· Open new accounts
· Coordinate Web Portal access for new customers
· Reconcile Web Portal payments
· Mange and export data to multiple systems
· General administrative tasks as requested
· Must be passionately driven, naturally curious and flexible
· Must be a self-motivated team player with a great attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
· Accurate data entry
· Time management ensuring deadlines are met
· High level of integrity, initiative and commitment to excellence
· Willingness and ability to develop processes for better efficiency
· Ability to handle confidential information
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
· Work concurrently on a variety of projects and follow-up on pending issues
· Ability to work independently, problem solve and meet deadlines
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Detailed knowledge and experience with Excel a plus.
· Microsoft Dynamics – GP a plus.
· A four year degree in Accounting, Finance or related a plus
What makes our Company a great place to work?
· Team atmosphere
· Casual work setting
· Dedicated long term employees
· Established business environment
We have a great company culture and we value our employees and customers above all else. Compensation commensurate with experience. The company offers a generous benefits package including paid time off, medical benefits, and a 401(k) plan.